Raise the Flags!!!!

TB12=Tampa Bay

     Yes, finally some Sports Talk!! For those of you that don't enjoy sports, hopefully this is informative and you don't get too bored right out of the gates.  If you do, sorry.

     A BIG thank you to the NFL for not postponing the start to their league year.  The start to free agency in the NFL has been very exciting and has allowed sports junkies all of the world to get themselves a little fix.  For my Patriot fans, a former New England coach traded (gave) away his 2nd best player in Houston to the Arizona Cardinals and the G.O.A.T. decided he wanted to be like a lot of older people from New England and escape to warmer weather.

     At 4:00 pm this afternoon (or whenever the deal is finalized), the Tampa Bay Bucs will take control of the NFC South (some people still have New Orleans as the favorites) and possibly the NFC for the next 3 years.  Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. is taking his talents to The Big Guava...Fire those Cannons!  Fire them again!!
     Everyone involved with this deal is excited.  Brady is excited about the weapons he has available to him (Two 1,000 yard receivers...yes you heard me correctly, two. AND two very good Tight End targets)  Ownership is excited that season ticket sales flew through the roof Tuesday night before any contracts were even officially signed (according to news reports and fans' reports, at one time during the 9:00 pm hour, Ticketmaster had over 6,000 people in the queue for tickets.)  The fans are excited about the possibility of making the playoffs since 2007.  Gisele is excited to get away from the New England winters. Okay, I don't know that last one for sure, but I mean come on, trading 42 degree Decembers (if you are lucky) for 75 degree Decembers is a no brainer right?
     Since the last Bucs postseason loss in 2007, TB12 has been to six Super Bowls and has won 3 rings.  Tampa Bay came into the NFL in 1976 (the year before Brady was born) and has an overall record of 273 wins and 433 losses.  Brady came into the league in 2001 and has an overall record of 255-78.  Yup, you read that correctly, TB12 has 18 less wins than the entire Bucs history of being in the league.  Can you see why the Bay area might be a little giddy right now?  Vegas is giddy too.  Tuesday morning, Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook had the Bucs' odds to win the Super Bowl at 40 to 1, twelve hours later...14 to 1🤑.  It will be a little different to see TB12 in the Buccaneer Red, Pewter and Bay Orange, but I am not going to lie, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with these weapons down here.

     Ohhhhh no...news just came through that the Jacksonville Jaguars just traded Nick Foles to my Chicago Bears.  Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about this, I mean I loved it when we drafted Mitch Trubisky in 2017.  In fact, I was texting with my dad on that draft night and immediately after the pick and told him within 3 years we would be playing for a Super Bowl. (Not to toot my own horn, but without the infamous "Double Doink" I would have been 100% correct.)  I don't know whether the team is bringing in Foles to be the starter or whether they are looking at him to maybe mentor and push Mitch to get better.  Either way, looks like I might have to put on my Buccaneer Red come January😉.

     I just realized, I don't think I could be a columnist full time...I would weigh 400 lbs if I was.  When I sit down in front of the computer to try and hammer one of these out, all I can think about is, don't we have a can of frosting in the fridge? Just for the record, we do...I bought one the other day because there is nothing better then grabbing a spoon of frosting and eating it when you get a hankering for something sweet.  And let me clarify, when I say big spoon, I am talking the big tablespoon not those wimpy mini teaspoons.  Luckily I picked up some sparkling water so at least I am not compounding the frosting with 3 cans of soda.  Also, sparkling water is not too bad when you mix it with some Tito's and ice.  I don't know how trademark laws go or whether I can name the products that I am using, so if all of a sudden there are words missing from the piece, you'll know that someone yelled at me.
     Speaking of yelling, luckily I haven't had any of my previous English instructors yelling at me for my use of commas yet.  I use a lot of them, and a lot of times I don't even know if I am using them correctly.  Just remember, these are my rambling thoughts and if you see a comma, you definitely should pause because I am using it for emphasis.  At least in my mind, that is where commas should be.
     In closing, I hope everyone out there is doing well.  I hope you are taking these recommendations to heart and trying to limit your interactions with each other.  It has done wonders for my marriage, I try to avoid my wife and she tries to avoid me and we are getting along fine!😂  I kid, I kid...just trying to make someone laugh.  I will pay for that one later though, I am sure.  Anyway, be safe, thoughts go out to everyone out there and a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that is still out there doing their things so that we can all stay safe and healthy.  Heed the advice my friends, the quicker we can reduce this thing, the quicker we can hopefully get back to our outside lives.

Thanks again for reading and remember, Be good to yourselves and more importantly, be good to each other.❤

-E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Red

3am Thoughts