COVID-19 Day 14

     Good afternoon friends,  I hope you are doing well.  Stay healthy, keep washing your hands, and keep ordering take out beer from your local brewery!!!🍻  We didn't eat take out yesterday (#TakeOutTuesday), but I did order my take home growler from our favorite brewery, Swan Brewing...I haven't named a lot of things by actually name on here, but my wife and I have enjoyed Swan quite a bit and I don't mind giving them the props that they deserve.  No matter if it is a brewery or your local littlerestaurantt, keep ordering take out when your wallet allows it so we can keep these great, local, little establishments going.

     Now to the post I had written on Monday before receiving the great news that turned my Monday around and gave me some much needed smiles...

     I knew that I liked sports, but boy, I guess I didn't realize just how much I really watched sports.  Some people will put on different shows so they have some noise on in the background while they are cleaning up, cooking, etc.  I put on sports...or sports shows...or even airboat racing, no not airboat racing, but almost everything else.  ESPN finally brought back the infamous ESPN Ocho (for those that have never heard about it, please refer to Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story) on Sunday and I am cool with watching all of those "sports", or at least I am fine with these on my television set.  I mean who doesn't love a good Stone Skipping Championship or a Cherry Pit Spitting Championship!?  There was all kinds of good things on there, a Cornhole Tournament, some Axe throwing, an Ultimate Championship, some highland Games, and even a Putt Putt Championship.  This is what true Sports Junkies look for.  When everybody else goes, what the heck is this, a sports junkie (or a kid that grew up with Phys Ed teachers 😋) goes, yeah, this is what I'm talking about.
     ESPN was busy this past weekend hoping to appease us Sports Junkies. They aired previous Wrestlemanias, previous NCAA Tournament games, and more importantly, they aired a Tom Brady Marathon. All of TB12's Super Bowl victories and some other pretty big games in the history of the NFL (think Tuck Rule Game) all on one afternoon.  As a fan of the G.O.A.T., who wouldn't be excited.  I was telling my wife that we could watch the Brady Marathon and she said that the episode that she liked best was when Marcia breaks her nose. When I explained that I was talking about TB12, she said, "Ohhhhh, is it available on all our tvs?" When I confirmed that it came in on all the tvs, she said, "Great, you can watch that in our room while I watch something else in the living room!"😂 I love her.

     I decided against TB12 Sunday instead, choosing to spend some time with my wife and daughter.  We normally don't get weekend days together.  I work retail and my wife works a lot of weddings, so the opportunity to see each other on a weekend is something that I didn't want to let pass me by.  Not that we can do a whole lot of things outside of the house right now, but just being able to spend some time in the same room, talking about any and all things is pretty damn good.  One of the things about this whole virus thing and the shutting down of our country is that you are either going to get sick of your family, or you are going to become closer than you ever have before.  I can honestly say, the time together has confirmed that I definitely have found the love of my life.
     Anyway, instead of TB12 Sunday, we decided to start the Marvel Movie Marathon.  It allows us to pause and continue where we left off as we pursue other activities during our staycation. (If you want to watch, here is one order you can follow.)     Speaking of Staycations, we were supposed to be on a walking history tour of Nassau today followed drinks in the sun.  Yup, my daughter's and my first cruise, but good ol' COVID-19 decided it wanted to get in the way🤬.  My wife and I booked this wayyy back in October and had been counting down the days since about Christmas and we were really excited about it.  Kind of disappointing as the days got closer and we saw what this virus was doing to the world.  The good news is we got a good credit and are going to re-book for another time, plus the cruise line gave us a nice little on-board credit that could be used for nice cold drinks🍹 while we enjoy the sun and sand.

     Just a short little one today, I am still trying to figure things out a bit.  There is a lot that I could write down, but I am trying to make sure that these are not too long, while at the same time, making sure that they aren't too short.  Just a quick note, All input is welcomed.  I am here doing this for my sake, but also trying to be a little reprieve from your day as well, so I trying to find the right balance of what I can write about and what you want to hear, so don't be afraid to leave a comment or shoot me a message.  I know there is a lot of things out there to read and I have had PLENTY of time to read it all right now (LOL).

Thanks again for reading peeps, remember to Be Good to Yourselves and Be Good to Each Other.

Much Love,
-E

Comments

  1. It's good to have a mind dump and declutter all the thoughts and such in your head!

    You're right; keep supporting local businesses ��

    We all knew you were a sports freak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this time we have but the one TV. My time is usually early in the morning, when the night owls are asleep. Around 11:30/12 when the wife Saunders down, Real news is put on( Fox ), and corona virus updates. Mid afternoon my daughter awaken and we may or may not change to shows her and I enjoy. Mask singer, survivor, you get the picture. I’m your basic sports junkie, although with all the channels, Netflix, amazon, lots of mindless games are not watch. Do miss March Madness. Doing a good job Eddie, love ya man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To make the service accessible, Facebook created a subsidiary called Calibra in June to develop a digital wallet, similar to the Venmo or Paypal app. The wallet will be available in WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and as a standalone app.

    gta 5 apk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Red

3am Thoughts

Raise the Flags!!!!